cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3600 Series running at half speed

cmeit
New Contributor II

Just bought new kit.

Intel DC P3600 Series 800GB SSD PCI-e Adaptor Card Solid State Drive (SSDPEDME800G401)

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

Intel Core i7 5930K

32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit

Asus X99-S Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit

2 x SLI GTX 980 video cards

System works fine. Intel SSD is configured with 8.1 and works will all the software

All bench testing on the components with PassMark shows they are all working fine except for the SSD which is only performing at 800Meg/s

I tried also using Atto bench test and got the same results. The drive is running slower than expected.

All the correct Intel drivers are installed. The Intel test package says it is working OK and link power manager is enabled.

However is read/write benchmarks are less than a 1/3 of what you would expect/ Any ideas guys, is it to do with not enough PCIe lanes being free ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

40 REPLIES 40

Kei_K_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey Ent,

Took a look online on the ASUS website... Quick question, have you updated your X99-S to the latest BIOS? Looks like they had an updated On April 3rd REV 1601. The Description states Support NVMe. Might be worth a try.

Looking forward to your results! Good luck

cmeit
New Contributor II

Hi Psig,

Tried the latest firm wear update to the drive as Intel suggested, no change. Got the info you requested off the report and will try the Bios update later as you suggested.

The SSD is in the middle of the motherboard.

System Slots

PCIEX16_1 Slot Designation:PCIEX16_1 Slot Type:PCI Express Gen3 Slot Usage:In use Slot Data Bus Width:16x / x16 Slot Length:Long

PCIEX4_1 Slot Designation:PCIEX4_1 Slot Type:PCI Express Gen3 Slot Usage:Empty Slot Data Bus Width:4x / x4 Slot Length:Short

PCIEX16_2 Slot Designation:PCIEX16_2 Slot Type:PCI Express Gen3 Slot Usage:In use Slot Data Bus Width:16x / x16 Slot Length:Long

PCIEX16_3 Slot Designation:PCIEX16_3 Slot Type:PCI Express Gen3 Slot Usage:In use Slot Data Bus Width:16x / x16 Slot Length:Long

PCIEX16_4 Slot Designation:PCIEX16_4 Slot Type:PCI Express Gen3 Slot Usage:Empty Slot Data Bus Width:16x / x16 Slot Length:Long

PCIEX16_5 Slot Designation:PCIEX16_5 Slot Type:PCI Express Gen3 Slot Usage:In use Slot Data Bus Width:16x / x16 Slot Length:Long

cmeit
New Contributor II

Just found out that the NVME drivers are not the latest so I am going to try those below, fingers crossed it will help LOL

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-PCIe-... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-PCIe-...

<span style="...

Kei_K_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Ent!

Excellent! This was exactly what i was looking for... Looks like the link (CURRENT LINK SPEED) is at 8Gb/s (which tells me its negotiated at PCIe Gen3) ... gen 2 would be 5Gb/s and PCIe Gen1 would be 2.5Gb/s. Technically it should be GT/s (giga transfers) not Gb/s (gig bit)... the tool got it wrong... but we get the idea.

Let me know what happens after you install the Intel NVMe driver! There are actual performance enhancements with the Intel NVMe driver compared to the standard driver with microsoft OS. Also good luck with the BIOS install! Looks like previous BIOS updates addressed issues with your Xonar Sound card. Lets all hope itll work! (Just please get back to us once it work! haha)

cmeit
New Contributor II

Bummer, New NVME driver failed to install, here is the attached logs if anyone can understand why it failed ? was hoping this would work