cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3600 Series running at half speed

cmeit
New Contributor II

Just bought new kit.

Intel DC P3600 Series 800GB SSD PCI-e Adaptor Card Solid State Drive (SSDPEDME800G401)

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

Intel Core i7 5930K

32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit

Asus X99-S Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit

2 x SLI GTX 980 video cards

System works fine. Intel SSD is configured with 8.1 and works will all the software

All bench testing on the components with PassMark shows they are all working fine except for the SSD which is only performing at 800Meg/s

I tried also using Atto bench test and got the same results. The drive is running slower than expected.

All the correct Intel drivers are installed. The Intel test package says it is working OK and link power manager is enabled.

However is read/write benchmarks are less than a 1/3 of what you would expect/ Any ideas guys, is it to do with not enough PCIe lanes being free ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

40 REPLIES 40

cmeit
New Contributor II

The log files of the aborted install. Any one know why it failed ??

Did you attach the logs? Also, how did the BIOS update go?

cmeit
New Contributor II

Logs are attached above. Not doing the bios until I get proper drivers for the card. The MS ones are 2006, that is old. Any idea why the updates failed ?

Hey Ent,

The logs show a 32 bit installation... You mentioned your system was windows 8.1 64 bit. Please grab the 64 bit version.

Also your driver seems older... Can you the latest version 1004?

never mind.. looks like it is 1004

cmeit
New Contributor II

Amazing results with new Intel 64bit drivers, better PassMark score achieved than an SSD Intel 3700 in real time.from 5000 to 12000. Transfer rates went up from 350 to 1800 MPBS. This is not the theoretical empty hard drive speeds in secondary mode as suggested by Intel, these results are impressive with double GTX cards etc , lots of software loaded on a boot drive In real time without even updating the Bios. Thanks for all your great help and discussion, the amazing widget I downloaded you guys suggested helped give all that extra info and showed me the old default MS driver it was using.

Cracking result guys.