cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3700 makes my computer reboot over and over (NVMe driver issue?)

RAlfj
New Contributor

I got this SSD as a replacement for my old Intel 910 series that failed.

Problem: As soon as the SSD is placed in an available PCIe slot my computer starts an endless loop of rebooting. The LED on the SSD goes from yellow to green and the fans starts spinning, then a second later next reboot.

I get no BIOS screen, no nothing so I'm completely in the dark. I read something about an requierment being UEFI version 2.3.1 but there is no way to get this information from my motherboard (MSI Z77MA-G45 with the latest BIOS version) so I can't confirm nor dismiss this being the issue.

Even unplugged some other hardware to make sure the SSD got enough power with no improvement of the situation...

Any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18

RAlfj
New Contributor

I'll check into that thread assuming the blue screens stop. The BSODs are only visible for like ½ second then instant reboot so no print screen there. All I can tell is that I see some kind of memory reference before the screen turns black.

Thanks for explaining the other fix btw. Much appreciated

EDIT: Just googled were and how to find crash information in windows. I'll research some more on that topic as soon as I have time and try to extract relevant information in those logs for you.

PHans4
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Startup and Recovery

Untick the option "Automatically restart"

Then wait for it to crash again

Upload the dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump that are related to the crashes you experienced (check time/date) so they can be analyzed.

RAlfj
New Contributor

Didn't figure out how to open or edit the dumpfile but there shouldn't be much other crap there at all. My computer had only run for a few minutes when the bsod occurred.

When it first happened I tried to do a disk check which failed as it "got interrupted"...

Dumpfile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx9sx64uyctkfh5/091715-7612-01.dmp?dl=0 Dropbox - 091715-7612-01.dmp

BSOD

PHans4
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The crash is caused either by a driver writing to the wrong address or due to faulty memory.

Have you verified the memory by running http://www.memtest.org/# downiso Memtest86+ on the machine?

RAlfj
New Contributor

Memtest passed with no errors. I've never had any memory faults on this computer... Ever, until this SSD came into the picture.

We already know that the MSI NVMe drivers are not compatible with the SSD so I guess it's not to far fetched to assume that it's these drivers causing the trouble?

EDIT: Just found out that the "Intel SSD Data Center Tool" doesn't find my device at all. Like it doesn't exist even thou the SSD is fully visible in explorer. Still unable to perform any kind of hd error checking as well...