DC S3700 100G SSD became 8M

JX6
New Contributor II

8M nightmare once more, since X25, 320 series

Even "Secure Erase" couldn't save it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AX2
New Contributor

Almost 1 month passed since I got the second replacement SSD, and I think it is time to make a conclusion:

Setting timer at "1 minute", 8M tragedy can be avoided , 1 min is enough.

Community Admin member please set this discussion to "Solved".

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi JieJie,

I don't think the drive you received is repaired. The sticker on the back looks like it was added by the local Customs inspectors. It was not added by Intel.

Please contact your local Customer Support center if you would like further clarification.

JX6
New Contributor II

Hi Kford-Intel,

Thank you for your explanations.

JX6
New Contributor II

Aug 25th 11:30 PM, the disk of replacement also died 8m.

It happened during the system go to sleep with Intel RST function enabled.

Now I can conclude that the "RST" killed both disks.

Different from S3 mode, RST will write to disk twice, the process is :

Step 1: Write to disk 1st time

Step 2: Power off

Step 3: Power on,

Step 4 Write to disk 2nd time then power off.

I set timer ''0 Minutes' in "Intel RST Manager" which means there is no delay between "Step 2" and "Step 3", and I guess this is the reason.

I have contact Intel China Center agents for 2nd replacement this morning, the SWR number is 7501239203.

Next time, I will change "Timer" from "0" minute to "1" minute to verify my conclusion while I get the 2nd replacement.

Summary of hardware info:

MB: DQ77MK 0060

PS: My first ssd is X25-G2 80G, it worked perfectly since Oct 2010 I bought it.

I sold it last month only for its slow seq write speed (80 Mb/s), now I begin to miss it...

MC6
New Contributor

Jiejie,

What did you do to induce this failure? Did you just power your computer off then on? I'm considering deploying this particular drive model, but these issues are definitely concerning.

KNgam1
New Contributor

Hi Jiejie,

I also wonder what happened. I got a bunch of them but not yet in production. It really concerns me right now? Is it caused by unplanned downtime or normal shut down? Thanks