cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC3510 with RAID Controller

DHaas2
New Contributor

Hello,

is it a good idea to use 2 peaces DC3510 as RAID 1 in hardware raid controller LSI 9260-8i?

I think the controller does not support the trim command.

Are there disadvantages in this assembly?

--

Dirk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello dhaa,

Thanks for posting.Online searching suggests the TRIM function is not supported on most RAID controllers. Even though we can't confirm if that's the case for LSI 9260-8i*, this shouldn't be a problem for the drives or the RAID volume.The Intel® SSD DC S3510 Series was designed for Data Center environments, where TRIM optimization is not always an option. To compensate, Intel® Data Center SSDs have additional space so the data can be moved and the impact of not having TRIM is down to a minimum, this is done automatically.Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello dhaa,

Thanks for posting.Online searching suggests the TRIM function is not supported on most RAID controllers. Even though we can't confirm if that's the case for LSI 9260-8i*, this shouldn't be a problem for the drives or the RAID volume.The Intel® SSD DC S3510 Series was designed for Data Center environments, where TRIM optimization is not always an option. To compensate, Intel® Data Center SSDs have additional space so the data can be moved and the impact of not having TRIM is down to a minimum, this is done automatically.Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.