cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data / Hardware Error on 320 300 GB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi guys,

Just got my new SSD today and already I'm having issues with it Misery loves company ring so true.

So here's my system. MacBook Pro late 2011 model. I swapped the new 320 in and did the deed. Installed OSX Lion and did all the updates and started transferring all my films.

Problem 1: my laptop went deawd (I think) where the screen went blank for a few seconds as though as it did a super fast, this happened while the files we copying.

Problem 2: I canceled the transfer thinking there could be a corrupted and deleted the partially copied folder to start over, however the system kept telling me it couldn't copy a specific files e.g. Acbbythisartist.mp3 because the file already exist but it isn't on the drive at all.

I decided erase the drive and start, problem 1 didn't happen which was great but problem 2 persisted. The system kept telling me a file is there but this is a newly formatted drive. How can it be possible??

Looking for some help plz. Brownie points if there's a solution that can be done on a Mac

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you just format the drive or performed secure erase?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If security erase meant using the toolbox that only works on PC - no. But here's the thing. I deleted the file like twice, how is it that a shadow copy remains to visible that a file can't be copied? I mean would I have to secure erase every time I delete a file?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hi there,

right, so i did manage to do a secure erase for toolbox 3.0 and also did a firmware upgrade, BUT, I'm still having the same issue of OSX telling me the same exact file that I tried copying over yesterday already exist.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a glitch with the drive?

Thanks,

JR