cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration System Hang After Reboot

JHill14
New Contributor

Migrating Windows 8.1 on a new Dell XPS 8700 to Intel 520 Series.

Using the Intel Data Migration Software, I get can the process to the reboot, after selecting the target and destination drives for the data migration. I then see the Acronis software trademark and a DOS screen for a split second, but then the computer freezes on a screen showing "Intel Data Migration Software; Processing, please wait." There's an hourglass but I can't move it as in Windows.

I've tried turning off antivirus and firewall software, disconnecting Internet access, and running the program as administrator, nothing seems to works.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I suggest you connecting the Intel® SSD to the Intel® Chipset / SATA controller (usually SATA port 0, consult your system's documentation). If you are trying to connect the drive via USB, please make sure the Intel® SSD 520 is properly identified as such and not detected as a generic USB/SATA drive; otherwise you may need to change the USB adapter cable.

There is the possibility that another peripheral interferes with the process. You may want to disconnect other devices or connecting the keyboard and mouse to USB 2.0 ports.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-034081.htm Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives — Data Migration FAQs