cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration software doesn't intall with Raided SSD's?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hello,

I got 2x X-25's in RAID 0 and the Intel Data migration software says I must have intel hardware to proceed with installation of software. K, well I got two intel SSD's, but i think i need to buy another intel SSD and run it by itself to use the software?

Basically I want to secure erase both SSD's and write the image back to the drives in raid 0. Im I S.O.L.? Do I have to upgrade to a full version of the software?

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The issue is that RAID creates an array and presents it is a logical storage device to the OS. The OS does not know what drives make up the array. Even though you have two Intel SSDs, the installer cannot know that and only sees some storage array that is not explicitly Intel SSDs.

There are other free ghosting/imaging programs out there as well.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Odd that Intel Rapid Storage Technology can see that raid array and both intel SSD's with in it along with their SN# 's and firmware version, but Data Migration can't. Either way, I think Im sol.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The RST is basically 3rd party software for your specific storage controller. It basically knows how to access information from the controller better. The OS itself cannot so the Data Migration Tool (license from Acronis) cannot either since it uses OS information during installation.

Again, there are free 3rd party migration/imaging/ghosting/backup software out there. However, always backup your data before attempting any migration.