cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Does DATA MIGRATION software work with Intel SSD's only, or other brands as well?

4 REPLIES 4

UHans
Contributor

The data migration software reads the destination drive's hardware device ID and will only work if the drive is identified as an Intel SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, since I want to use data migration, it gives me an excuse to get the 520 I've been wanting to get for awhile, thanks for your quick reply oken!

You're welcome. Do note that when I wrote "The data migration software" I of course meant Intel's free/limited version of Acronis (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3114&DwnldID=19324&lang=eng Download Center). But other SSD manufacturers (*cough* that company from Korea *cough*) also make similar drive cloning tools available for free, instead locked to their particular drives. You really shouldn't base your SSD buying decision solely on the bundled data migration software. Read a few independent reviews of current-generation drives and make up your mind based on that.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

oken, I understand, again, thanks for your quick responses, I usually have to wait a couple of days or more sometimes to get a reply from other tech support communities, GO INTEL!