cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-Frag SSD ??

RGiff
Contributor

I use PC tools for a registry cleaner , on a regular basis works great , My question was Reg. Mechanic has a feature called Registry DE-Frag, So I emailed PC Tools and asked if this would Harm my SSD , and They said NO and it was safe to run The Reg De-Frag, Has anyone else used this software on a SSD and what were the results??

14 REPLIES 14

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Should this be enabled or disabled? The link is contradictory.

Enable Write Caching

To Disable Windows 7 Write Caching, follow the steps below:
  • Click Start, right-click Computer and then select Properties.
  • In the left pane, click Device Manager.
  • Expand Disk Drives and right-click on the disk where you need to enable or disable Disk Write Caching and click properties.
  • Click the Policies tab and check "Enable Write Caching on the device" to enable (default).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Enable it for better performance.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried various registry tools, registry mechanics was probably one, and had enough issues that now I leave things well enough alone and my system runs fine. If I were making a suggestion to anyone, I would say leave the registry alone. If one ever makes changes to the registry, always back it up.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel advise not running a defrag on an SSD so no I haven't tried it and never will.

bjenk2
New Contributor

I use "Advance Uninstaller: Registry Defrag" I haven't noticed any difference (good or bad) in the performance.

Intel mailto:SSdSC@CCW120A3 SSDSC2CW120A3

Message was edited by: bill jenkins