cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GBrze
Beginner

Decode information from ISN/SN

Jump to solution

Can you explain how to decode information from ISN/SN numbers ?

I am looking for information like: year of manufacture, work week of manufacture, calendar day, etc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee
GBrze, Even though that information was posted in the past, the decoding used on the serial numbers has changed and now the way to check the warranty would be using the link provided before. The current decoding is not available for the public but you can always check the warranty status of your devices with the website. Also, the warranty period starts based on the date when the original purchaser gets the product, this will be determined by the date of the invoice received. Regards, Esteban C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello GBrze, Thank you for contacting Intel Communities. I regret to inform you that information is not publicly available. As I can see you wish to have information that could be related to warranty check, you can always use our website to verify the warranty of your products. https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo This website also gives you the option to check several products at the same time with the "+Add more products" button. If you happen to have further questions, feel free to contact us back. Regards, Esteban C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
GBrze
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

Thank you for a quick reply. There is a public post written by Intel on this forum which already explains how it can be decoded however the formatting is bit messed up and it's difficult to work it out.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490DbjSAE/how-can-you-find-a-date-code-on-a-solid-state...

As this is already public for nearly two years would you be so kind to reformat it so it's more readable ?

I am interested in using this in order to decrypt from ISN what was the date of manufacture while buying storage components.

Kind regards,

Gregory

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee
GBrze, Even though that information was posted in the past, the decoding used on the serial numbers has changed and now the way to check the warranty would be using the link provided before. The current decoding is not available for the public but you can always check the warranty status of your devices with the website. Also, the warranty period starts based on the date when the original purchaser gets the product, this will be determined by the date of the invoice received. Regards, Esteban C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post