Dell 7490 does not see ssdpeknw010t8 in the BIOS

Bios is updated

What should i do ?

10 REPLIES 10

kolmen
New Contributor II

Bios was upgraded

Hello, kolmen,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 660p Series that is not detected by your Dell* PC. We would appreciate it if you provide us with the following information:

1-  Is this drive new, or it came preinstalled with your PC?

2- Do you have access to another PC that you can use to test this SSD?

3- We would appreciate it if you can provide us with pictures of the SSD labels to check the information it contains. The SSD’s serial number and part number need to legible.

-We advise you to open a ticket in parallel with DELL* to confirm that the compatibility of your current configuration with the SSD.

We are going to follow up with you again next Thursday, the 3rd of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

Hello, Josh

1. new

2. i tested this SSD today in Acer PC and works fine

3. picture is in attachement

Hello, kolmen,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the information you shared with us, the SSD is working without any issues in your Acer* PC. Based on this, we can conclude that the not detection issue is related to the Dell* PC and not to the SSD itself.

We recommend you to work with the OEM Dell* to see if there is a compatibility issue between the system and the SSD or if any specific BIOS configuration is needed.

We are going to follow up with you again next Tuesday, the 8th of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician

Hello, kolmen,

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to the Intel® SSD 660p Series. We would like to know if you were able to contact the PC OEM to check compatibility.

We are going to follow up with you again next Friday, the 11th of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician