Did you mean: 

Difference between 760p models numbers.

AAvet
New Contributor II

Can't find out what the difference between:

Intel SSDPEKKW256G801

and

Intel SSDPEKKW256G8XT

both 256 GB, called 760p, seems the same M-keys and parameters but different?

Please help me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi AAvet,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Both models: SSDPEKKW256G801 and SSDPEKKW256G8XT, are exactly the same one: same performance, same capacity, same interface, etc. The difference is the package used to ship them.

The one that ends with 01 refers to a single generic package and the one that ends with XT refers to a retail box of 10 units. You can find this information in the following site: https://ark.intel.com/products/134583/Intel-SSD-760p-Series-256GB-M-2-80mm-PCIe-3-0-x4-3D2-TLC-?q=SS...

Go to section “Ordering and Compliance” to check the two versions.

Regarding to the PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 3.1 interfaces, both should work on PCIe 3.0 slots because they are still the same PCIe generation. So you can use this drive in PCIe 3.0 slots and you shouldn’t have any issues. However, if you still have doubts about it, you can contact ASUS* directly just to confirm if the drive (or any other device) is compatible with your laptop model.

I hope this information clarified your concern.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi AAvet,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Both models: SSDPEKKW256G801 and SSDPEKKW256G8XT, are exactly the same one: same performance, same capacity, same interface, etc. The difference is the package used to ship them.

The one that ends with 01 refers to a single generic package and the one that ends with XT refers to a retail box of 10 units. You can find this information in the following site: https://ark.intel.com/products/134583/Intel-SSD-760p-Series-256GB-M-2-80mm-PCIe-3-0-x4-3D2-TLC-?q=SS...

Go to section “Ordering and Compliance” to check the two versions.

Regarding to the PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 3.1 interfaces, both should work on PCIe 3.0 slots because they are still the same PCIe generation. So you can use this drive in PCIe 3.0 slots and you shouldn’t have any issues. However, if you still have doubts about it, you can contact ASUS* directly just to confirm if the drive (or any other device) is compatible with your laptop model.

I hope this information clarified your concern.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi AAvet,

I would like to know if the information above answered your concern, or if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.