cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do these figures look normal?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I'm just wondering if this looks normal after a week of use? Keep in mind I had to get programs and such still. I just am not sure how to read these figures from SMART.

The one thing that confuses me is the host writes. I'm not sure what it means but I know I haven't written that much data to the drive. I have media programs and some other stuff that boot on it but my actual data and the stuff they read is elsewhere. The only thing that writes on the SSD is firefox and I don't want to take that off because otherwise, what's the point? But yeah, sorry for being paranoid or something, I just wanna make sure I'm not on a pace to kill my SSD fast. All the diagnostics say everything is fine by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a known issue with the SMART data on the 330 and 520 drives that Intel is looking into. The data is being reported incorrectly. It does not affect the life expectancy of your SSD.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a known issue with the SMART data on the 330 and 520 drives that Intel is looking into. The data is being reported incorrectly. It does not affect the life expectancy of your SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Oh okay, is the drive health thing still correct? Or is it everything that is messed up?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Your drive health is fine. See the Media Wearout Indicator in your screenshot? It's at 0, and increases as the drive "wears out".

It turns out that all the concern about wearing out the NAND chips in SSDs has been way over exaggerated, and is not an issue. Testing by regular users has shown almost any SSD keeps working after writing 100+ Terabytes to them. You can Google this and see for yourself.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Great! Thanks guys, you have been so much help.