cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Intel sell a heat sink for the 665p M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, QLC internal SSD?

BMoss5
New Contributor

5 REPLIES 5

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello BMoss5,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

To answer your question:

We do not sell any kind of heatsink for your Intel® SSD 665p Series and take into consideration, that the usage of any third-party solution, damaging or removing the sticker that covers the components will void your SSD’s warranty.

We will like to know if there is a reason why you need to install a heatsink on your SSD in your current configuration?

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

After installing the card and formatting it, I changed settings in my BIOS for the M.2_2 slot to x4 and began transferring about 300 GB of data. At about 70% completion, the card throttled down to around 50 mbs and the card got extremely hot to the touch. This will be the card I run my games on, particularly Elder Scrolls Online (MMO) and I need to avoid throttling. I will be putting a support bracket with a 40mm Noctua fan placed over the card (about 1") but thought a heat sink on the card would drop temps another 5C to 10 C.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello BMoss5,

Thank you for your reply.

We hope the Fan solution that you are installing helps you to reduce the temperature in your PC and to avoid the throttle issue.

We advise you to contact your motherboard or PC manufacturer to check the recommended BIOS and M.2 configuration to avoid issues and to see if they have any recommendation or product that can help you to keep your M.2 devices cooler.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance related to your Intel® SSD 665p.

Best regards.

Josh B.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello BMoss5,

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to the Intel® SSD 665p Series, and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.