cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Intel 330 SSD come with adapter rails?

GWats1
New Contributor

I'm considering buying a 180Gb Intel 330 SSD (Intel SSDSC2CT180A3K5) but my desktop has 3.5 inch drive bays and this drive is 2.5. I wanted to find out if the drive package will include an adapter to put it in my 3.5 inch bay, or should I buy some rails that will allow it to fit.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JAMES_J_Intel
Contributor

The 330 Series SSD is sold in our Reseller Package which does include the bracket and screws required for DT installation.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JAMES_J_Intel
Contributor

The 330 Series SSD is sold in our Reseller Package which does include the bracket and screws required for DT installation.

Thanks for the info. The description at Newegg does not say what comes in the package. They show an Intel 520 SSD "OEM" that I assume is just a bare drive.

I do have another question about the installation. I am currently waiting on a RMA from another manufacturer for a 90 Gb SSD that has failled twice. I have a disaster recovery backup that I plan to use. So my question is, would it be better to wait on my 90 Gb SSD, format it, and restore my backup to it, then put in the Intel 180Gb SSD and transfer the files?

Will your transfer software allow me to transfer all the Boot stuff from the old SSD to the new one, so I can boot up and run my Win7-64Pro PC?

My other thought was to buy the Intel 330 SSD and just restore my disaster backup there and put the RMA'd 90Gb SSD for sale on eBay. Any thoughts?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Edited response. Off topic.

GWats1
New Contributor

Edited. Off Topic