cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dose intel DC p3700 SSD support nvme Namespace Management?

zys
New Contributor

Hello 

I  am using intel DC p3700 ssd, when create namespace,  my process always report  error.

5 REPLIES 5

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @zys.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your thread regarding the Intel® SSD DC P3700 Series and if it supports Namespace Management, I will be glad to assist you.

Please allow me to investigate and review the available documentation; I will contact you back as soon as possible.

In the meantime, can you provide more information about the project you are working on and the number (or potential number) or units involved?

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Hello, @zys.

Good day, and thank you for waiting.

I was able to confirm that the P3700 Series does not support multiple namespaces, the only models that support multiple namespaces are P4510 and P4610 with firmware VDV10152 (or higher) as described in the following article:

- Which Intel® Data Center Drives Support Multiple Namespaces?: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000038017/memory-and-storage/data-center-ss...

If you have other questions, please let me know, I will follow up on December 7th or we can schedule a different date for the follow up if necessary.

Regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Zys.

Good day,

This post is to follow up on your thread to check if you had any other questions.

I will follow up again and close the thread on December 10th, or we can schedule a different date for the follow-up if necessary.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Hello, @zys.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if I can help you with anything else.

I previously shared some details regarding the drives that support multiple namespaces being just the P4510 and P4610 with firmware VDV10152 (or higher) and provided a line to one of our support articles.

The thread will be closed right now since there has been no confirmation about additional assistance being required, if you have other questions, please open a new community thread as this one will no longer be monitored, or contact us via one of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.