cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive does not boot after running the optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Windows 7, 64 bit. After a clean install, I ran the optimizer on my X25-M 80gb SSD. On the next boot, the drive does not boot. BIOS detects the drive ok, but it will not boot from it.

I am considering running a windows repair on it to rewrite the MBR, but thought I would check here before changing anything. I would like to avoid another install if I can.

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What is the error when "it will not boot from it"?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, That is very strange, I have two PCs that have X-25 M 80GB SSDs with Win 7 64 bit and I use the optimizer and have never had this problem.

I imagine that you've checked your BIOS settings for boot order. Have you added any other 'drives to your PC?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No error at all, just does not use it as a boot device. I confirmed the drive is auto detected by the BIOS, and is in the boot order. I will run Windows repair on it to see if it still has a partition or not.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

During the POST screen, hit F8/F11/whatever to enter the Boot Menu (not the BIOS screen). Manually select the SSD and try again?

You issue is very weird... did your system lose power while running the Optimizer?