cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver RST 9.6.4.1002

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

it looks like there are a bunch of new version of the RST out there

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm

anybody tested the newest one 9.6.4.1002?

I am going to install them once i get home.

15 REPLIES 15

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed. My original theory stands. And I have another one (if theories were worth 2 cents each I'd be rich):

Of course enthusiasts and bloggers who normally post detailed feedback need a little more time to evaluate 9.6.4.1002. But more importantly, we probably won't see as much RST chatter as in late '09/early 2010 until Intel finally adds the big things we're waiting for such as TRIM for RAID and exposing individual drive metrics like SMART through the RST driver in RAID mode.

Intel we're counting on you. We know you can do it!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

A good policy is to look at the Release Notes (not the never changing ReadMe) and see if any of the resolved issues in 9.6.4.1002 production version are applicable. Newer is not always better especially if new problems are inadvertently introduced. It looks like there are also some non-server related problems fixed in this release so I think I will try it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

liberato wrote:

A good policy is to look at the Release Notes (not the never changing ReadMe) and see if any of the resolved issues in 9.6.4.1002 production version are applicable.

Um thanks, but my earlier post directs Robert to the ReadMe file because it's much easier to get at (you can read it without downloading and opening the driver package). The specific point we're making to Robert is that server and non-server OS's are listed there as well as in Realease Notes. Actually best policy is to read both because ReadMe can sometimes change. Note: Station Drivers also carries a nice summary of driver changes for super early adopters, but never use that as your only source since it is unofficial, unsupported and does not list all known issues. (liberator, the note is for general audience. I would not assume you don't already know that.)

Newer is not always better especially if new problems are inadvertently introduced.

Agreed. That's why, as stated earlier, it's best not to be among the first to try a new driver unless you have a test or non-critical machine to install it on.

It looks like there are also some non-server related problems fixed in this release so I think I will try it.

Excellent! Awaiting feedback from you or others who decide to try 9.6.4.1002.

I tell you what Post some benchmarks Before and after updating your RST Drivers a ( I sorry I'm from the show me state ) Than maybe I'll try 1002 , For right now I'll stick with ( 9.6.0.1014 ) it has been working fine for me .

Even Intel Refers to this driver as a server driver ??