Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
431 Discussions

Error 10/35 when trying to update Optane 900P firmware via toolbox

crimson_stallion

I have tried downloading and installing the Intel SSD Toolbox to update the firmware on my Optane 900P. 

The tool shows that an update is available, but when I try to install it I get the following error:
--
"Error: The fimware update process encountered an error (10/53).  Reboot and try again.  If the error persistrs  use the intel Firmware Update Tool located at www.downloadcenter.intel.com

--

I have tried rebooting and continue to get the same error. 

I've tried going to the link and see firmware updates listed for other Optane products, but do not see one for the 900P. 

When I enter "900P" into the search field a series of downlads come up, but none are firmware updates. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
crimson_stallion

Well...never mind!

When I launched the Intel Memory and Storage Tool I saw it also had an option to update the firmware, so I tried it there and it worked first go. 

No idea why it was not working in SSD toolkit, but it's now updated so this is resolved

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello crimson_stallion,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series. If we infer correctly, please provide us with the following information:

*Please extract the following logs by using the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool (CLI):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29337/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-CLI-Command-Line-Interface-

-1. SMART attributes: intelmas show -smart -intelssd “SSD_index”.

-2. The SSD information using show -all command from Intel MAS CLI: intelmas show -all -intelssd “SSD_index”

Replace the “SSD_index” with the actual index number of your SSD.

A complete User Guide is available below:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29337/eng/Intel_Memory_And_Storage_Tool_User%20Guide-Public-342245-001US.pdf

-3 We need you to provide us with the system details by extracting the SSU logs and the replication steps to try to determine the root cause.

The SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.
2- When you finish downloading it, open it.
3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello crimson_stallion,

We were reviewing your community thread related to your Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series, and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post and if you needed further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
crimson_stallion
Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response. I will try to get the logs uploaded tonight.
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello crimson_stallion,

Thank you for your reply.

Please, take your time. We will be looking forward to your response, including the logs, to continue with the troubleshooting process.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
crimson_stallion

Well...never mind!

When I launched the Intel Memory and Storage Tool I saw it also had an option to update the firmware, so I tried it there and it worked first go. 

No idea why it was not working in SSD toolkit, but it's now updated so this is resolved

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello crimson_stallion,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue that you were experiencing with the firmware update of your Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series by using the latest version of the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool.

As per your consent, we will close this community thread. If you need further assistance related to your Intel® products, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos