cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: An error was detected reading data from the selected Intel SSD. Contact your reseller or loca

Manne
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a problem with my 520s SSD.

I run tests full diagnostics but read scan stops at 3% . I got: Error: An error was detected reading data from the selected Intel SSD. Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance.

Drive health is at 100%. Estimated life remaining is around 95%.

What can i do?

Regards

Magnus

3 REPLIES 3

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @Manne.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community support.

I checked your ticket regarding the Intel SSD 540s showing an error during the diagnostic scan, I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for the SMART report, the parameters seem fine and the drive seems to be working properly according to these numbers, except for the firmware that needs to be updated.

Please try the following:

1. Perform a firmware update to the latest version (043C) using the Intel Memory and Storage Tool:

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29704?v=t

- The same tool may be used to perform the diagnostics on the drive (in case you are using Toolbox, this new software is the replacement since Toolbox is soon to be discontinued).

2. If the error persists, performing a secure erase may be required, the following link shows a few options, KillDisk is personally the one I consider the easiest to use:

- When to run a low-level format or secure erase: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html

- If this is your OS/Primary drive, or the drive already contains data, performing a backup or OS re-installation will be required. The drive can also be erased before the OS installation via Diskpart, so let me know if this would be necessary.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @Manne.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if I can be of assistance.

If you have any questions regarding my previous message or if I can assist you with anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Hello, @Manne.

This message is just a quick follow up on your ticket to check if you still require assistance.

I previously mentioned the possibility of performing a firmware update and/or a secure erase on the drive to try to fix the errors and shared an article with instructions on how to do it.

The ticket will be closed for now since there has been no confirmation, but please feel free to open a new thread if you require further assistance as this one will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Bruce C.