cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error B8 smart: End to End Error Dectection

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I MEETS for 1 week an error B8 ... I formatted in safe mode, my hard drive is an Intel X25-M 80GB. I like to know how to remove this error message SMART ... My hard drive is faulty you it? If so how do we fix it? I put the latest firmware update, but I still SMART error ...

Sincerely,

Pierre in France
8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for nothing Intel,

keep it up, continue practice beta tests on end-users with zero help from your side. Cheers.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This forum is not the place to contact Intel about the problems with your SSD. You should check the warranty information for your country and contact them for help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

First of all it is support forum, isn't it? It says "Support Community > Solid State Drives" on the top so cut the crap. This is not the only case.

I don't want contact, I want a solution of problem with firmware/hardware that Intel produces and sells untested to beta testers (customers). Check topics on this forum, this product is crap. Only assistance is some guy suggest everybody to check sata cable on the same problem at many same cases. I don't have time to send few times hdd I bought (unfortunately for the considerable money), with the same problem, and to get a product with the same problem. When I buy product with Intel brand on the package I want reliability, not some not stupid excuses.If it's crap then Intel should withdraw it fix and redistribute corrected like in case of H67 and P67, now it's a lottery...I wouldn't recommend Intel ssd to anybody.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Simply put: this problem absolutely indicates your SSD is failing or has failed. The SMART attribute in question (184) indicates that there is corruption occuring during LBA addressing, and could indicate a controller (NOT SATA CONTROLLER; I'm talking about the controller on the SSD itself) problem. There is nothing you can do about this other than file for an RMA, and you should do that immediately.

Good luck.