cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: RAID array detected... Intel SSD Toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I Just installed my new Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB Drive (SSDSC2CW480A310) and installed the Intel SSD ToolBox. When I run the SSD Optimizer I recieve the following Error: "Error: RAID array detected. If RAID array not present, reboot and try again". My system is as follows:

Lenovo 4270CTO BIOS: 8BET55WW (1.35 )

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2960XM CPU @ 2.70GHz

SSD: INTEL SSDSC2CW480A3 Firmware 400i

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.76 GB

NVIDIA Quadro 2000M

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) SP1

32GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz)

I do not have a RAID configuration.

Thanks -

25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ive the same problem. only ssd installed. set ahci in bios before installing win7. flashed bios with latest. bought programme to get all latest drivers. 3.1.1 toolbox. System is

asus m4a89gtd pro m/b

amd phenom 11 x4 965

4gb ram

win7 home edition 64bit

ati radeon hd 4800

intel 520 ssd 120gb

Asus tech could not help. tried everything i know.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I know for a fact, that these people are not having a problem on their part. I had the Asus chipset drivers installed, then i updated them with the NEW AMD chipset drivers for my chipset . Mine is set to AHCI in the bios and all was well, toolbox worked. As soon as i updated the drivers, rebooted the computer and tried the toolbox to run the optimizer, I got the message that i have an raid array which i do not have. I have an Intel 320 ssd. I know what i'm doing on computers so don't even go there. There is obviously a problem with the toolbox detecting raid , when it should not. Maybe you all at Intel should setup a computer with a AMD 850FX chipset and see what happens.

You will get the same result. Please let us know when you figure this out.

Thank you for listening .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So the Toolbox worked fine on your AMD system (not a given), but when you changed to the new AMD "chipset drivers" (inf files? SATA driver? not clear to me) the Toolbox then sees your single SSD as a RAID volume? That is a common error seen with the Toolbox.

Apparently the previous driver communicated fine with the Toolbox, but the new one doesn't. So who's bug is it, driver or Toolbox, chicken or egg?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Who cares Chicken or Egg, Intel Big Corp. You sell products. At least check into it, and quit making excuses.

If you don't have anyone there smart enough to figure it out, get someone who can.

Why is it that big companys always want to blame someone else instead of doing some investigating of their own?

Don't worry I also put it on an AMD forum too.

Hey I got an Idea! who cares if it all works or not , we got our money.

Intel 1 the Consumer little guy 0 again. Tell me is that why the Ivy bridge Processors run Hot?

Did we screw up and put the wrong compound on the processor? Did we fix that too? NOT.

For once give it a try Intel and see where the problem is.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same issue, exact same motherboard, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO, AMD Phenom II X4 Processor, 12 GB Ram, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Intel 520 SSD 120GB Firmware Version 400i. When I check device manager it says INTEL SS DSC2CW 120A3 SATA Disk Device.

When I start the Intel SSD Optimizer I get "Error: RAID array detected. If RAID array not present, reboot and try again."

No amount of rebooting will help, I always get the same error, and I do not have a RAID configuration! I have two other Western Digital hard drives.

I paid more for the Intel SSD because I thought it would be more reliable than other SSD drives. Not sure about the others but the Intel SSD is not reliable. I still get the occasional computer freeze even after turning off power management features including the hard drive sleep to never etc.

Intel, please update your SSD Optimizer so it works!