cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: RAID array detected... Intel SSD Toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I Just installed my new Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB Drive (SSDSC2CW480A310) and installed the Intel SSD ToolBox. When I run the SSD Optimizer I recieve the following Error: "Error: RAID array detected. If RAID array not present, reboot and try again". My system is as follows:

Lenovo 4270CTO BIOS: 8BET55WW (1.35 )

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2960XM CPU @ 2.70GHz

SSD: INTEL SSDSC2CW480A3 Firmware 400i

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.76 GB

NVIDIA Quadro 2000M

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) SP1

32GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz)

I do not have a RAID configuration.

Thanks -

25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK I figured out how to get it to run. I spent hours on this. Windows said all my drivers were up to date, but I backed them all up then I was going one by one uninstalling them and letting windows reinstall it. When I got to the "AMD SATA driver" after the uninstall and reboot, windows replaced it with the microsoft "standard SATA driver". All of the sudden the intel optimization tool works. This is a serious bug in the intel toolbox, because I'm sure the AMD SATA driver wasn't reporting that a RAID system was in operation when it wasn't.

If you have a motherboard that comes with the AMD SATA driver, uninstall it, delete it, and let windows install the standard microsoft SATA driver and this problem will go away.

This shows very poor quality control on intel's part. This problem was first reported here a year ago and has not been fixed yet.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much!!!! Your fix worked for me. I uninstalled the driver (Control Panel > Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers >AMD SATA Controller > Driver > Uninstall).

Windows 7 restarted a couple of times and now the driver has been replaced by the Windows Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller.

Hope this solves my computer freezing which happens frequently when it has been left unattended for a few hours (a problem which I never had before I got the SSD drive.).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

@ Eric ...

Thank you! I've been looking for a solution for the RAID array error for several days.

I recently installed two series 320 SSds on my custom-built desktop: a 120GB SSDSA2CW120G3K5 as my boot drive, and a 160GB SSDSA2BW160G3L as my data drive. I have an MSI 785GM-E65 (MS-7596) motherboard with 16GB RAM, AMI BIOS v2.12 set for AHCI, running Win7 Pro SP1.

For whatever reason, the Intel SSD Toolbox (3.1.2) would optimize the 160GB drive, but return the RAID array error, even though no RAID array was present, on the 120GB drive. Your fix solved the problem.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Eric; another thanks to you.

But, while the install of the MS driver lets me use the Toolbox Optimizer it created another problem, random slow boots, instead of 15secs they would drag on for over a minute with a blank screen showing and the disk light on, and random system freezes for a minute or two. I reverted back to the AMD driver and my system is solid again.

I'm wondering about the need to run the Optimizer in the first place. I've gotten the impression that the Toolbox Optimizer runs the Trim command on the drive, but Win 7 runs the Trim command also, on what basis I don't know. Maybe the Optimizer is intended for other OSs that don't have Trim built in.

I'm going to start researching that now.

My system; HP P6620f.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am getting the same error message, and tried to uninstall the driver but it ended same way. I don't know what to do nor where to find answers.