cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated life remaining

ALodi
New Contributor

After more than three years my 530 240 GB SSD has degraded with 3 %, so the new estimated life remaining is 97 %. I feel this is a wonderful proof of Intel's reliability.

But at which point would it be wise for me to change to a new SSD? I would like to get thoughts from professionals as well as ordinary PC user.

7 REPLIES 7

KC4
New Contributor

I've had my 80GB X25-M in my main desktop PC running 24/7 since I bought it back in November 2009 - eight years ago.

It has six reallocated sectores, "99%" life remaining, and has written 5.2 terabytes.

There's no particular rush to replace yours...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi altitune,

We would like to know if you were able to read our previous post and if you require further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello altitune,

We understand that you would like to know if your drive needs replacement due to the estimated life remaining since it has dropped 3% already in 3 years.This will definitely depend on how do you use the drive and where, for example, if the drive is used in a data center environment, it will drop faster than if it is used as a consumer drive.Could you please provide the following:-Workload of the SSD (i.e. Home use, Data Center, etc)-The SMART details from the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27130/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (By clicking the export button)-Model code from the label of the SSD (Starts with SSDS...)We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C