cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow perfomance on intel ssd 2 generation 2 160gb.............

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I dont know where is the problem i have mac book pro 15" custom configuration intel core 2 duo t9900 ,4gb ddr 3 ,nvidia 9400+9600, intel 160gb generation 2 ssd i think my trim is on and i have extremely slow perfomance i also ran intel ssd toolbox i use mac os x 10.6.4 and windows 7 64bit pro.

my scores from as ssd are

please help me improve my ssd performance without formating my ssd my ssd is not so old and i also formated it when i get it in the summer.

29 REPLIES 29

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It looks like the SATA interface is capped at SATA 1.5 speeds. Maybe check with Mac to see what the SATA specs are.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Any idea how to check i think mac book pro mid 2009 use sata 2 ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Even if it came as a SATA 2 spec it might still be gimped to 1.5. The only way to find out is to dig into documentation or call Apple customer support.

The other thing is your AS Benchmark is showing a pciide driver. I don't know what controller that relates to but all benchmarks I've seen with it show poor results.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

now i made few tweaks but still very slow performance apple dont deal with windows os only mac os x so its useless to call their support ;[

any idea how to change pciide driver ???