cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to start with S3520 question

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a newly built Z97-WS ASUS Motherboard with a 600P boot volume. I am running Windows 10 64 bit with 32GB of Corsair RAM with a 12TB storage RAID10 array using Intel RST. I am trying to install an S3520 as workspace and the machine which runs perfectly otherwise will not even allow me to get into the BIOS. The fans spin up but no HDMI signal is sent to the monitor. The motherboard LED lights up with "55" which is defined as "Memory not installed." The machine stops and tries to start again with the same result. I have tried installing the S3520 in all 3 of my available PCIe slots with the same results. Any ideas as to what is going on?

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Nestor C.

I contacted ASUS through online chat and the representative said he would have a tech contact me. The tech asked via email the same basic questions and I assured him that I had tried the different PCIe slots and had the BIOS configured properly and was using the most current. I asked him if he could provide me with a BIOS patch to work around the SPD memory conflict during POST. I have yet to hear back from him. Incidentally I know the P3520 is working properly as I installed it in another Workstation with a DZ87KLT-75K (the last of the great Intel reference boards) and it works like a champ. I don't know if I'll have any luck in asking them for a BIOS patch but it's worth a try. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, do you have any other ideas?

Sincerely,

Willmarth

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Willmarth,

Thanks for the update.We really hope Asus* can provide you with a resolution for this (BIOS update) or at least with a reasonable explanation of this situation.We are glad to know that your SSD does work fine in a different system and besides that, we believe as of now, the situation is on Asus* hands as we totally discard the SSD as faulty.Let us know what they say at the end, this may help some other users.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Nestor C,

I struck out with ASUS. And that is too bad. And it turns out that the DZ87KLT-75K board that I have as an alternative does not support Windows 10. Live and learn I reckon.

Cheers,

Willmarth

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Willmarth,

Thanks for replying back.As part of this situation with your Asus* motherboard, this may be also a compatibility between the consumer board + the data center drive (Intel® SSD DC S3500), a reason why it is just working fine with the other board you have, the Intel® Desktop Board DZ87KLT-75K.Probably a timing situation with the Asus* board is causing this situation.Regards,Nestor C