cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Downgrade

AWill17
New Contributor

Does anyone know if it is possible to downgrade the firmware on the P3700? We are struggling with a VMware VSAN implementation, and support has told us that the drives need to be running firmware 8DV10131, and the current firmware 8DV10171 is causing problems. Our vendor has attempted to get an answer directly from Intel with no luck.

Thanks,

Andy

14 REPLIES 14

AMurr
New Contributor

I disagree with your justification for not enabling checksum in VSAN 6.2. In a hybrid VSAN, the SSDs are not the only disks containing data that needs to be protected. Stating that checksum is not necessary does not solve the problem.

Assistance is still needed. Please communicate directly with VMWare to straighten out the HCL certification issues as well as the latency issues.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Emulsifide,

This case has been escalated with VMware* already and we will also share any more inputs as soon as our people in charge have some more news.We will keep you all posted.NC

atsd
New Contributor

Guys

I have also the same problem , I feel in risk know to put the our VSAN project to move in production because of the firmware and driver shows waring in HCL !

I have Intel 3600 DC PCIE on for Vsan 6.2 .

I hope Intel could give us the right answer

Ash

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Emulsifide and VSAN,

We have already worked with VMware* to have our FW171 added into the HCL and the expectation is for VMWare* to have it updated by next week, you can keep an eye on their website.

On the other hand, the FW added into the HCL has no relationship with the SW Checksum added by VMWare* (as an option) to their VSAN 6.2; therefore, the latest FW will not fix the latency issues associated with the SW Checksum when enabled, as this is not really related to our drives, since our drives where designed and tested for high integrity and therefore non-validated or intended to operate with VSAN's SW Checksum feature.

At the end it is up to everyone whether to rely on our high integrity SSD's or enable a SW Checksum which will add latency and therefore sacrifice performance.

Let us know if you need more information.NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello all,

VMware* has confirmed in the website that the latest firmware is now validated in HCL, please check the following links:http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=ssd&productid=40098&deviceCa... P3600 & http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=ssd&productid=40173&deviceCa... P3700Please let us know if you require any further assistance.NC