cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update 2CV102M3 Results

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have 2 X-25M 80gb in Intel RAID 0. Here are before and after results for the 102M3 firmware update:

Before:

After:

No significant difference, as far as I can tell.

I'm running Win7 64 and this comment from the update readme file did not happen:

Note: For computers booting into Windows 7 after a firmware update,  

a message appears when the operating system starts that prompts you to restart the computer. Restart when prompted.

FYI

Ken

17 REPLIES 17

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In my case, I have an ASUS SaberTooth X58 mother board, using the Intel RST iaStor driver, connected to the Intel ICH10R SATA 2 ports, with Windows 7 64 bit. I decided to experiment with the update, and left it in AHCI mode.

Your experience, mjm, is not unusual, it seems most users must change to IDE or legacy/compatibility mode.

Apparently, my overall configuration was just right to allow the update to occur in AHCI mode.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
"Your experience, mjm, is not unusual, it seems most users must change to IDE or legacy/compatibility mode."

Intel should probably reflect this in the release notes, then. I don't recall having to do this for the last firmware update, and only one Lenovo system is noted in the guidelines known issues.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes that would have been nice to have in the Release Notes, but it does mention it in the Read Me file that is available on the same page as the Release Notes. It is also mentioned in the Guidelines file, although not very well IMO.

Intel apparently intends the Release Notes to simply contain what the update accomplishes and what products it is applicable to. As we can see in your experience, which is not uncommon, that you missed the necessity to change to IDE mode in some cases. That should be much more prominently displayed in the Guidelines and the Read Me documentation.

I agree it should be written to catch the readers attention more obviously, which would save the users and Intel some grief.

Message was edited by: parsec