cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Message: Intel SSD is not attached or is disabled on Win 7 64 bit

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

MY PC: Windows 7 64 bit, Core i7 + SSD 160 GB, everything works fine, Sisoft Sandra reports my SSD like this: <!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Lo...

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Crystal Disk Info adds TRIM as an installed option taht it sees. From that point on, I guess we have to trust that Windows is going it's job. Trust...Windows...hmmmmmmmmmmm

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As far as that hidden file goes. I never would have known about it had I not been using PerfectDisk to defrag my spinner. It saw the huge chunk of space as used and unmovable, and indicated it with black squares, a lot of them, just like it does hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys. I had already disabled both of those, so I knew it wasn't them. The scary thing is, it kept growing. My advice is just don't use the AS SSD freeware. I'm sure the guy in Germany who wrote it meant well, but it seems to be a time bomb. I really do need to drop him a note. Try Crystal Disk Mark 2.2 or 3.0 Beta 1.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have downloaded and installed a trial version of PerfectDisk, and after analyzing my SSD I haven't found any black squares, thank God...

Personally I am not going to use any benchmarking software any more. As long as my SSD feels OK, I don't really care.

Thank you very much for your replies.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

不知道这个问题是不是大量存在..现在正在纠结SSD的选择问题上..希望楼主早日解决问题!o(╯□╰)o~