cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Tool V1.7 ISO file

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I'm a new user of X25-M 80GB SSD drive.

Today I got a V1.7 ISO file, 011102M388208850.ISO and burned it on a CD-ROM media. After changing SATA to IDE mode, I did a cold boot of my PC. But error messages are shown.

Loading Operating System ...Boot from CD/DVD :1. FD 2.88MB System Type-(13)FreeDOS kernel build 2036 cvs [version Aug 18 2006 compiled Aug 18 2006]Kernel compatibility 7.10 - WATCOMC - 80386 CPU required - FAT32 support(C) Copyright 1995-2006 Pasquale J. Villani and The FreeDOS Project.All Rights Reserved. This is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NOWARRANTY; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of theeither version 2, or (at your option) any later version.- InitDiskBad or missing Command Interpreter: command.com /P /E:256Enter the full shell command line:

Is this ISO file corrupted? I tried some times (inc. IE cache clear), all are same.

My PC has a H55 express chipset and Windows 7 works fine on this SSD.

ISO file size was 3,942,400 bytes.

Regards, YKJ
7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

- InitDiskBad or missing Command Interpreter: command.com /P /E:256

Enter the full shell command line:

In order for the update tool to work you must change any and all SATA controllers to IDE even if your SSD is not on that SATA controllers port this is because the tool scans all ports.

Intel makes scary update tools as I did three SSD's in a row with the last one finished the bottom half of the screen fills with random characters but lucky didn't do any harm after restarting.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

redux, mistermokkori and PeterUK,

thank you for your good advices.

Finally, I can not boot a firmware CD from both of IDE-attached and USB-attached DVD-ROM drives. No SATA-attached DVD-ROM drive in my home.....Intel recommends this.... Today I got a USB FD drive and made a DOS boot diskette. I can update a SSD to V1.7 firmware successfully!

Regards, YKJ

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hellow! I was in toruble just like same of your's. But, I've solved it. how to...

Reconnect and change Motherboard port No. of Optical drive

For example, change (your optical drive )port 6 to port 1.

Try it.

maybe,this trouble is in cause of (condigsys derectory wrong with intel iso imgage files)