cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update not working on early 2008 MBP with intel 320 120GB SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've got a 2008 Macbook Pro 4.1 running 10.7.1 and an Intel 320 120GB SSD. I downloaded the Firmware update on the intel site and burned it too a CD. Booted up the CD and the fireware update says "Intel SSD is not attached or disabled." I've tried a couple times. Same thing. I've also read in other Mac forums that people with similar 2008 MBPs are having the exact same problem.

Any ideas?

thx

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here. Early 2008 reboots to update cd just fine but update tool can't see my Series 320 300GB drive. And yes taking the drive out of this machine is next to impossible.

Intel PLEASE add support for our Macbook Pro's! This is my second Intel SSD (first was 160GB G2) AND I put these new drives in all our Salesmen'd laptops. VP of Sales 300GB drive actually had the error and had to be replaced. Please help me out here Intel.

Thanks,

Ken

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Is your macbook's chipset nvidia based? This was an issue with the firmware for X25-M. Not sure if it's the same problem...but if it is, Intel won't fix it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My early 2008 MBP 4.1 has the Intel ICH8-M AHCI chipset. The graphics card is the NVidia 8600M but that has nothing to do with the SATA bus.

len

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same Problem with my imac 7,1 and INTEL ICH8-M AHCI Chipset. Please, Intel, give us an update tool, which finds the SSD, WITHOUT removing the SSD from an imac.

Last time the firmware update (v1.7 or v1.8, I'm not sure about the version before) did find the SSD in my imac, why not in this update version?

Does an Installation of windows (via bootcamp) or 'The rEFIt Project' help?

Thanks in advance!

Mike