cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Intel SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently had to format my X-25M 160GB 34nm drive in Windows 7. I think I may have deleted one of the partitions which I think was called 'System Reserved.' If I go to the Windows Disk Management control panel it shows 148.95GB for the Intel SSD which I am running as my C drive. There is another partition showing as 101MB Unallocated. I wonder whether this should be formatted or renamed back to System Reserved or is it safe to leave it as unallocated?

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm not sure that running this Paragon tool is the best option. There are so many companies out there that claim to be able to improve hardware they do not make but claim their software will improve it somehow. I feel the support offered by Intel and the software they provide (Intel SSD toolbox) have been excellent. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Yes but the intel box has no alignment tool. I ran this yesterday Thinking my drive was aligned right cause I had the 100 MB reserve but when I ran the program it found my drive was not align right So I let it do it's thing and my drive was 12% off Thats a big number when you are talking about alignment. After I ran ATTO for benchmark comparison my drive was ( 258650 , Read ) 108250 Write ) Now after alignment , ( 269850, read ) 112975 Write. pretty good increase.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a fair increase in performance. I'm sure Intel will be interested in such a software based technique for improving their hardware. I'll download the tool and see what happens.

Read the post buy James Walker In the SSD community support site. Thats where I read about , check it out I sure you won't be sorry .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I received no benefit from this 'tool' another piece of software that is now in my recycle bin.