cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Intel SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently had to format my X-25M 160GB 34nm drive in Windows 7. I think I may have deleted one of the partitions which I think was called 'System Reserved.' If I go to the Windows Disk Management control panel it shows 148.95GB for the Intel SSD which I am running as my C drive. There is another partition showing as 101MB Unallocated. I wonder whether this should be formatted or renamed back to System Reserved or is it safe to leave it as unallocated?

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I use "HDDErase" when i format and it places the ssd back to its orginal state and is very easy to use. Then i sinply let windows 7 installer do its thing after that and it wrks perfect.

http://cmrr.ucsd.edu/people/Hughes/HDDEraseWeb.zip

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion of using HDD Erase Killer. The mistake I made was deleting both the data on my SSD, including the OS, and the 'System Reserved' partition as I was doing a fresh install of Windows 7. I'm still a little unsure whether this 'System Reserved' partition which is around 100MB should be deleted before doing a fresh install of Windows 7. It's something I should raise with Windows rather than Intel though.