cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Intel SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently had to format my X-25M 160GB 34nm drive in Windows 7. I think I may have deleted one of the partitions which I think was called 'System Reserved.' If I go to the Windows Disk Management control panel it shows 148.95GB for the Intel SSD which I am running as my C drive. There is another partition showing as 101MB Unallocated. I wonder whether this should be formatted or renamed back to System Reserved or is it safe to leave it as unallocated?

16 REPLIES 16

RGiff
Contributor

The 100MB is your SYS reserve rename it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm unclear whether it's best to format it in NTFS as it's currently unallocated. I was hoping for some guidance from Intel.

Iff you did delete your sys partition you need to reinstall windows so your sys restore can work.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just to clarify. I reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit. As I was installing it i deleted both partitions, the previous install of Windows 7 and the 100MB partition which appears to have been set up on the drive by Intel before I received it. Reinstalling Windows will clearly not solve this. Perhaps Intel could give some advice on how exactly the 100 MB partition should be formatted and named or advice on whether this is necessary.