cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Diagnostic Scan always fails during Read Scan on my SSD 600p Series 256GB

badstink
New Contributor

I have an Intel SSD 600p Series 256GB. I installed the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox software on my computer to help look for possible drive problems.

(I am unable to back up my C: drive to Synology DiskStation using their Active Backup for Business software. Synology support team says the error logs indicate it's due to hard drive errors.)

SMART Summary shows perfect Drive Health and estimated life remaining is above 90%. Firmware version is PSF121C. Quick Diagnostic Scan works perfectly. But the Full Diagnostic Scan fails every time on Read Scan at 0%. The error given is "Error: An error was detected reading data from the selected Intel SSD. Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance."

The only issues I've had are that I cannot back up the hard drive to Synology and the Toolbox's Full Diagnostic Scan does not complete successfully.

How can I resolve these two issues?

11 REPLIES 11

badstink
New Contributor

None of the options that were provided here have worked (can't get my drive reformatted) and I have spent over 6 hours trying. I would like to close this community post and work directly with the Warranty Support team.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

You don’t need to open a new service ticket; we can help you out with any warranty issue, using the same support ticket already open.

You’ll be receiving a private message in order to proceed with the RMA.

Please wait for direct contact from Warranty team.

Have a nice day;

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel