Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Getting my new SSD out of an array

Sam6
Beginner

So recently I bought this new SSD. Installed it, but being clueless, I accidentally got it in an array on Intel's Rapid Storage Tech. The only places now my computer shows two drives are in BIOS and there, everywhere else has combined the two into "Intel Volume 0 Drive" which god I do not want. 

This lead to a nearly 8 hour adventure of me trying to separate them. I cannot do it through Rapid Storage Tech, no option there. BIOS gives me no options to delete a raid (believe me I have looked 72 times), I have tried every combo of buttons to get it to show up, but nothing like that appears under my advanced settings in BIOS. I even tried to take the drive out and put it back in but no dice. I showed it to my friends, and we are all in agreement that my BIOS in weird and nobody knows how to fix it. 

Computer is an Acer Nitro 5 and I can attach what Intel is showing me in terms of the drives.

Honestly, if anyone is able to help me you would be a godsend because this has been just very frustrating and stressful as I put a lot of money into this computer and this drive and I just want it to work the way it's supposed to.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Sam6.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

There is a dedicated community section for Intel RST inquiries, so I will move your thread there so it can be answered as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Sam6

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos