cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great results with X25-E 64Gb in Windows 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi. I don't want to be contrarian, but I did want to post a positive comment in this discussion group.. People have a habit of only reporting problems, and casual observers may not understand that this reflects that the majority of users are having no troubles.

I installed my x25-e 64Gb a couple of months ago to "celebrate" the RTM of Windows 7 (obtained via Technet subscription). My motherboard is an EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI with an Intel QX 9650 overclocked to a conservative 3.6Ghz to minimize heat issues.

I clean installed onto the new drive, it went perfectly the first time, zero issues, fantastic speeds.

Using standard benchmark testing, this drive exceeded its advertised read/write speeds!

For what it's worth, the Windows 7 "Performance Index" score for this drive in my system is 7.4 .

Thank you Intel ! /jim

6 REPLIES 6

VPent
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Very interesting,

With an X58 motherboard, a 920 i7 at stock clock and an X25-M 80GB MLC G1 SSD i get 7.8 disk score in W7 64 bit...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an Alienware M17x | T9600 @ 3.41 GHz OCed| and the score I get is 7.7 with AHCI on clean install of win 7 x64

I switched to either AHCI legacy or native and I still get the same results. The other options I have on BIOS are either RAID or ATA.

The Crystal diskmark gives 4K random reads only 20.30 MB/s and I don't know if something is wrong with my system or the SSD. I upgraded to the latest firmware 8850

The chipset is NVIDIA nForce 730i according to CPU-Z

Thanks

*EDIT*

The chipset is probably the bottleneck since I cannot exceed the 7.7 WEI no matter what drivers I use or offset (1024 default win7 or manual set to 64)