cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD password in Bios stay "Not installed"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I use a SSD 520 series with a MB DQ77MK .

When I set a Hard Disk Drive password in the bios (0056), the status stay "not installed". I make the same with User password and I get "installed".

I buy a platform Vpro only for this. Does I miss something ?

Regards, Vanilla.

8 REPLIES 8

I should also mention that on my system I did not receive a proper "Please enter hard disk password" prompt after I set the password. They system would simply halt the POST process with a steady cursor in the upper left corner of the screen.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Ken,

I wonder how you discover the subtilty of "cold BIOS". It works. Big thanks.

I notice when my pc is not running ( shut down and only plug ), the three diods of the keyboard are flashing ( 20 seconds interval ). Is it a particularity of this DQ77MK ?

Hi Vanilla,

I just stumbled onto the 'cold boot' aspect of the problem. I noticed that it worked sometimes, but not others and finally figured out that it only worked on a cold boot.

I don't see the same LED behavior on my keyboard. I checked some other forum's and other people who have seen blinking keyboard LED's have narrowed down to either the brand of keyboard or to an actual problem with the keyboard.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My keyboard do this only with this MB, but everything is fine. No soucy with this only curiosity.

Thank you very much for all.

have a nice day.