cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Pavilion tx2110us Not Compatible with SSD? (W7 Ult.)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I am having a heck of a time getting this to work.

First, I have upgraded the OS to W7 Ultimate from Vista Ultimate using the Upgrade function on the DVD.

Then, I found several parts of computer drivers that did not work (Quick Play buttons, Screen Rotation and the fingerprint reader drivers+software). All of this, as far as I can tell, is now working, thanks to a bunch of info over on the HP support forums.

I have had no issues installing the data migration tool. That seems to work.

The problems happen after I install the 520 series 240GB SSD into the laptop.

I get the notification that the data migration is complete, and I also get a message that W7 is changing settings and needs a restart.

After restart, the HDD indicator lights up and the computer appears to start up normally.

Then, after a few seconds once the desktop comes up, I get a blank black screen.

The HDD indicator goes out.

Subsequent restarts give a blank black screen after the BIOS part is complete. Then I get a notification that says "No Operating System Found".

Upon restart, I get the following error message:

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

When I install the OS DVD and restart, it usually hangs up at the "Starting Windows" screen for several minutes.

Using "System Recovery" on the DVD, the SSD is apparently not recognized because the operating system is not listed, so I can't select it to repair. I am prompted to "load drivers".

The laptop functions normally when I remove the SSD and reinstall the original HDD.

Is there a way to get the SSD to work, or is it incompatible with this laptop?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0