Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Has anyone installed the 900P Driver 2.0.0.1024 successfully?

DJone13
Beginner

Has anyone had any luck installing this driver? I used the downloaded driver package which displays "NVME Miniport and Filter Device Management" but it did not update my driver according to my device manager.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jedi1,

Thanks for posting in our community.

We were able to update the driver for the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series to version 2.0.0.1024:

Since the automatic installer (NVME Miniport and Filter Device Management) is not working for you, we recommend a manual driver update:

1. Download and extract the zip file for the driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27231/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs?product=123625 here (named x64.zip).
  2. Open Device Manager.
  3. Right click on your Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series (SSDPED1D280GA) and select "Update Driver Software".
  4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" and search the folder where you extracted x64.zip.

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
DJone13
Beginner

Eugenio ,

I am having no luck with the manual method either. It just doesn't recognize the driver file in the downloaded folder as being a better driver than the one Windows has provided. Very strange.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jedi1,

Thanks for taking the time to test a manual driver installation.

In order to better assist you, we would like to gather some more information. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility and share the resulting report with us.

To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
DJone13
Beginner

Thanks,

I attached the DSA report.

Dan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jedi1,

Thanks for your reply. Based on the specifications, we weren't able to find anything unusual on your system.

We would to test by uninstalling the driver for the SSD. Please go to Device Manager, right click on INTEL SSDPED1D280GA and select uninstall. Since this is your boot drive, the system will ask to restart. Once the system boots, please try the driver installation again (either manual or with software installer) and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
DJone13
Beginner

I tried uninstalling the device, but when it boots WIN10 automatically assigns it the old 2006 driver, it doesn't give me a choice. If I try it after it boots, here's what I get

I am using the 64 windows version and the 64 bit driver.

0 Kudos
AVerh1
Beginner

A request how to update the old Windows (2006) driver to the Intel driver (boot disk 900p):

- automatic does not work (setupNVME.exe or Intel Sriver & Support Assistant);

- the manual update gives the failure (the folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible..);

- I contacted the Intel helpdesk and got the reply that the failure is known. I have to wait till an update is available (current version 4.0.0.1007 April 2018), they cannot give me a planning for this update

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nats_DB.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We noticed that you currently have an open case that is related to the same question and is being handled by a higher department of support.

We will be replying to your original case as soon as we have an update on your inquiry.

Please take into consideration that we cannot discuss unreleased updates or products.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nats_DB.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.
0 Kudos
DJone13
Beginner

The PC has the right driver for the storage controller now:

The actual driver still has the generic Windows driver---is that proper?

0 Kudos
gblin
Beginner

That's what I have as the disk driver, and I updated to the just released 3.2.0 NVME Storage Controller driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jedi1,

Can you confirm if the you get the same results if you install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27396/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs?product=123625 latest NVMe driver as Gustav_B did? The latest version is 3.2.0.1002 as of today.

You said the system has the right driver now, do you mean it shows driver version 2.0.0.1024 for the NVMe storage controller?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
DJone13
Beginner

Eugenio,

The storage controller has the latest version now so I think all is good. The drive itself just shows the generic Windows controller which I think is correct.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jedi1,

Thanks for clarifying the difference in driver versions. This will be useful for other users as well.

As you mentioned, this seems to be the right behavior. In the screenshot we shared before, it is also the controller that was updated.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
AVerh1
Beginner

The lastest update of Intel SSD Toolbox solved the problem.

Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox

Version: 3.5.4.0 (Latest) Date: 9/17/2018

0 Kudos