cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a good day! Does Intel SSD P4500 support VSS(Variable Sector Size) functions?

jWu78
New Contributor

Have a good day!

Does Intel SSD P4500 support VSS(Variable Sector Size) functions?

If not,Why? I known that SSD P3500/P3600/P3700 series are support VSS functions.

13 REPLIES 13

jWu78
New Contributor

intel_corp

Have a nice day. Thank you for your reply.

I found Intel SSD DC P4510 's NumLBAFormats = 1. only support 512 and 4096 sector size.

So my question is: Why P4510 can not support 4160 sectors?

Thank you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi hmily_jian,

Please let me investigate about your question. I'll post here any information I'm able to find about it.Regards,Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi hmily_jian,

After investigating about this concern, I have received confirmation that indeed, the Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series supports only 512 and 4096 sector sizes. The support for the other options was not implemented for this drive model.Regards,Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel DC P4510

Hello,

i have the same problem to change the sector size. When i use the command:

isdct show -all -intelssd

there are no NumLBAFormats shown .. the line is missing.

The Intel DC P4510 use 512 and i want it to change to 4096 (4K) sector size. When i want to

isdct start -intelssd 0 -NVMeFormat LBAformat=1 SecureEraseSetting=0 ProtectionInformation=0 MetaDataSettings=0

It only shows

Invalid LBA Format

Thanks and best regards

Andre

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Andre,

Could you please save the output of the isdct show -all –intelssd command in a file and upload it here so that I can take a look at it?I'll be waiting for your response.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.