Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SConl1
Beginner

Have both a M.2 SSD and a 2.5" Samsung 850 EVO (250gb) SSD for increased storage capacity. I am not able to see the 250gb drive in my File Explorer. Updated current BIOS and made sure the SATA is "enabled" in BIOS. What other settings need to be adjust

Jump to solution

Have both a M.2 SSD and a 2.5" Samsung 850 EVO (250gb) SSD for increased storage capacity. I am not able to see the 250gb drive in my File Explorer. Updated current BIOS and made sure the SATA is "enabled" in BIOS. What other settings need to be adjusted?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello Consman8,

We would like to know if both of the SSDs you have are Samsung* branded?

About the situation, we can suggest you to check under windows management and make sure the SSD is initialized, here is a link for you to follow: http://www.overclock.net/t/1227647/how-to-initialize-and-format-a-new-disk-for-use-in-windows How to: Initialize And Format A New Disk For Use In Windows

Hope this help you a lot.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Consman8,

We would like to know if both of the SSDs you have are Samsung* branded?

About the situation, we can suggest you to check under windows management and make sure the SSD is initialized, here is a link for you to follow: http://www.overclock.net/t/1227647/how-to-initialize-and-format-a-new-disk-for-use-in-windows How to: Initialize And Format A New Disk For Use In Windows

Hope this help you a lot.

Regards.

View solution in original post

SConl1
Beginner

Yes both SSD's are Samsung brand. Your recommendation for initializing the disk with windows management worked great. Can see both drives now.

Thank you.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Consman8,

We are glad to hear that our recommendation worked fine.

Hope you have a nice rest of the week.

Regards,

NC