Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Hello. I'm having problems with new software.

Z_Gad
Beginner

After installing the latest version Intel SSD ToolBox 3.4.3 and try to start "Intel SSD Optimizer", I get this message

This message continues to appear even after I reboot the computer at the request of the program.

The same message is output and earlier versions of the program, up to the version of Intel SSD ToolBox 3.3.7

On versions 3.3.7 and earlier, the program works fine.

I also noticed that the scale of the remaining life of the drive became too short, if you believe the program. But at the same time the drive usage mode remained the same. The drive is installed only operating system.

I assumed that the problem will be solved over time in newer software versions, but the problem remains. And I'm worried about the rapidly decreasing residual life of the drive.

After removing version 3.4.3 and installing version 3.3.7, "Intel SSD Optimizer" works fine,

But I want to keep the software up to date. What is the reason for this problem and how to deal with the rapidly decreasing drive resource?

Support, I await your response. Thank you.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Zaur,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

While the Optimizer is no longer needed with operating systems above Windows* 7, we do understand that with previous versions of the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox it used to work fine, but after version 3.3.7 it seems to no longer work fine.

This is a good feedback for us and we would like to set up a system here with the same drive, to try to replicate the issue.

We do have some questions:

-Did you install the SSD in UEFI mode?

-Is the BIOS setup to AHCI?

-Have you installed the latest BIOS update?

-What is your operating system?

Please also share the SMART details from Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, all you need to do is to open the program, click the export button and save the *.csv file. (Please attach the file here by using the advanced editor button)

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Z_Gad
Beginner

- No UEFI mode.

- Yes. ACHI.

-Yes. I have the latest version BIOS.

- Win 7 Ultimate x64. Assembly 7601

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Zaur,

Thanks for the information provided. We'd like to check with you the following:

-What is the version of Intel® RST you have installed?

-Please check the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/ssdc/hpssd/sb/intel-ssd-toolbox-user-guide.pdf requirements for running the optimizer. Page 20, section 4.2

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C

0 Kudos
Z_Gad
Beginner

I think that I did not install any of the possible versions of Intel RST on my computer ...) When I tried to install the latest version from the available versions at the moment, I immediately received the following message at the beginning of the installation

Translation: "The installation program prematurely ended because of the following errors: This platform is not supported."

But in the description of this version of RST support for my operating system is available.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Zaur,

Thanks for providing this feedback and screenshot.

We need to check here as we have tried this same version with no issues at all, using a different type of SSDs.

Please allow us some time to review all this and verify what is happening.

Could you please also attach the system specs here? - Please use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- following tool to extract the info and then share with us the file it creates.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Z_Gad
Beginner

No problems. Catch.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Zaur,

Thanks for the attachment, we'll keep you posted over here.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Z_Gad
Beginner

In the screenshot you can see all the data of the operating time of my drive. When I created this discussion, СristalDiskInfo showed another 91%. And a few weeks before the creation of this topic on your forum, in the Intel SSD Toolbox, the estimated lifetime resource was around 95%. How can this be explained?

The drive is only about a year old.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Zaur,

Based on the last screenshot, we do suggest to you to get in contact with our http://www.intel.ru/content/www/ru/ru/support/contact-support.html?_ga=2.174736871.412711574.1494531404-1151433603.1491241367 support team.

The reason for the decrease on the lifetime is that this drive may be affected with the write amplification factor, which checking your latest SMART details file is not big, but it certainly could be the reason why.

There is a fix for this issue on these SSDs series, the fix is a firmware update that can be applied to the operating system, so the write amplification factor can be reduced.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26452/Write-Amp-Firmware-for-Intel-SSD-530-535-Series Here is the link to download the tool and also there is extra information about the situation.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Z_Gad
Beginner

According to Intel SSD ToolBox, the software of the drive was updated, after launching the downloaded fix, by the link you sent.

The calculated residual resource certainly did not increase. Where should I write technical support? You, too, tech support.) And how can I more accurately describe the situation? Just in the current trend, I strongly doubt that the drive will serve its warranty for 5 years and I would not want the drive to "die" at the most inopportune moment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Zaur,

Could you please check your private messages?

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Z_Gad
Beginner

Greetings, Nestor. It's been more than two weeks now, but I have not received any letters from tech support. How to be?

0 Kudos