cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Intel? Information please!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

A lot of your customers have bricked drives. They need to know if they should send them back with an RMA now, or if a new firmware update can fix the drive. Others have updated successfully but are now unsure what to do (I want to know I it's safe to upgrade to Win7 from Vista for example).

I guess what happened with the 02HA firmware is about the worst that can happen to a manufacture entering into a new market for them, especially when things went wrong earlier already. I assume that's why you are now taking time to very carefully investigate the matter. But some of us need answers now.

Please give a forecast on when we can expect a fix, or at least re-publish the previous firmware so we can bring our drives back to a safe state!

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hope they can resolve this issue soon. I haven't RMA my SSD yet because I am still hoping if a new FW fixes everything and I get all the data back.

Intel, please post some information!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well... still not a word from Intel. I guess that for people who can't use their PC anymore it may seem that the priority Intel is giving this might be a little bit low.

Perhaps it's time for a major tech blog like engadget or slashdot put some focus on this again...

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Am I the only one who is beginning to get pissed off?

Nobody knows whether to stick, twist, RMA, buy OCZ or what.

The lack of direction from Intel is simply embarrasing.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I think they are taking time to collect newly produced SSDs to have them available for RMA if it is time.

Otherwise they would have given a sign of life until now

MJohn29
New Contributor

We at least deserve a status update/ETA. This is causing a lot of downtime which equals loss of money in some scenarios. Also, these drives were not exactly cheap. Basic Help Desk/Tech Support customer service requires communication/updates with the stakeholder (customer) if the issue is not resolved within the company Service Level Agreement (SLA)...whatever this is for Intel. This is even more important for issues that affect multiple stakeholders.

It has been 15 days now since the firmware was released. I am a huge fan of Intel, but I myself am getting frustrated now. =/

If they have a dedicated team working on this issue, then I would at least expect regular status updates.

Hello...Intel????