Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCHAN18
Beginner

Help with error "Error: The firmware update process encountered an error (10/53)."

I have got a 600P 256GB M.2 SSD, but I could not perform firmware update via https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27330%3Fv%3Dt Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox as an error popped up "Error: The firmware update process encountered an error (10/53)." I rebooted my computer and tried again as per the recommendation following the error, it was still not successful.

So, I downloaded SSD Firmware Update Tool with iso format and loaded it into a bootable USB flash memory. After booting my device with the USB and running it automatically, I could only see a black screen with message "Out of Range" on my monitor. I waited for more than half an hour and did not see any pop-up or message for updating successful, so that I rebooted my PC again.

I confirmed my Win10 64bit system is up-to-date and attached Intel Logs as well. May I know what action should I take then? Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Benson.Chan,

Thanks for being part of our community. We understand that you're experiencing problems to update the firmware for your Intel® SSD 600p Series.

In this case, we recommend to keep using Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool. Please try the following:

- Burn the image using https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US Rufus. We've got good results with this tool.

- If booting in UEFI or mixed mode, please change it to Legacy only.

- Verify the USB flash drive is the first device on the boot order.

- Disable Secure Boot from the Boot menu on BIOS.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Please let us know how it goes. Remember to revert the settings so you don't experience issues when booting from your operating system drive again.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
idata
Community Manager

Hello Benson.Chan,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of the post. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
BCHAN18
Beginner

Sorry for late reply, Eugenio.

I have followed every single step you mentioned previously and created a bootable USB flash memory with configuration detail as photo attached, but it was still not working for me.

Although the USB flash memory could be booted, the monitor showed "out of range" after loading as the video shown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otOoXpegaE Booting Screen Cap - YouTube.

Could you please advise any action could be taken then? Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Benson.Chan,

Thanks for taking the time to test Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool once again and even share a video of the issue with us.

We would like to gather more information about your system in order to better assist you. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... Intel® System Support Utility and share the resulting report with us.

Additionally, please let us know what's your monitor model.

To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
BCHAN18
Beginner

Hi, Eugenio.

Thanks for your reply. Please find the attached file for the report of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-%3Fproduct%... Intel® System Support Utility. Also, my monitor mode is Asus VS229.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Benson.Chan,

Thanks for your reply and for sharing file.

Please allow us some time to investigate this problem with a higher level of support. We'll let you know as soon as we have updates.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
HYANG25
Beginner

Hi, I've encountered the very same error as this original post stated.

I have the 1024G version of Intel SSD 600p which is currently on firmware version PSF104C.

Using the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool on a bootable USB flash drive also caused the monitor showing "out of range."

Here's my PC report from Intel SSU. And my monitor model is ASUS PG278Q.

Looking forward to a solution or workaround. Thank you!

idata
Community Manager

Hello Benson.Chan and howshal,

We noticed both of you are using NVIDIA GTX* graphic cards. Just for testing, could you please temporarily uninstall the graphic card and unplug it? By doing, so the system will be forced to use the integrated graphics. This will help us discard a driver conflict issue.

Let us know if the update works on either Intel® SSD Toolbox or Intel® SSD FIrmware Update Tool.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
HYANG25
Beginner

I can confirm that by disabling discrete graphics card in the BIOS and plug the monitor to on-board DP port, I can properly boot into Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool and finally updated my 600p to firmware version PF121C.

Thanks for the help!

JDest
Beginner

I have the exact same problem. SSD Toolbox firmware update results in an error 10/53. SSD Firmware Update Tool will boot, but will only display a blank screen after the initial post screens. The monitor then goes into sleep mode.

Please note that removing the GPU is not an option for me as my computer does not have any onboard graphics. SSU information is attached.

BCHAN18
Beginner

Hi Eugenio,

I removed my GTX graphic card from the motherboard and attempted to update the firmware, but I still got the error message "Error: The firmware update process encountered an error (10/53)." on Intel® SSD Toolbox.

Nevertheless, when the graphic card was removed and I booted into Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool with USB flash memory, black screen was shown and all USB devices were disconnected after running the Kernel as the script below.

So, it seems I need the other solution or workaround for updating the firmware. Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Benson.Chan,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please take a look at this /thread/120757 workaround and let us know if you are able to update the firmware.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

BCHAN18
Beginner

Hi Junior M., it really works! My 600p SSD is now updated with the firmware version PSF121C!

Thank you very much for sharing the workaround. Have a nice day, Intel Team!

idata
Community Manager

Hi Benson.Chan,

We are glad to hear that you were able to update the firmware of the SSD.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.