cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have Intel DC P4500 Series SSDPEDKX040T701 4.0TB HHHL pci-e 3.1 x4 Solid State Drive we are facing problem and we are not able to run it We are trying to install it on HP server (DL 380G9) and supermicro sever (X10DRH-CLN4)

MWani
New Contributor

it does not really show up it the Bios. It does not show up in the raw Bios settings but I do see an "unknown" device in PCI-E Slot1 the ILO Device Inventory.

attached is the pic.

Can anyone help with it and tell me what is the exact problem.

is the device bad or we need a motherboard that can help run the SSD.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi MWani,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Usually, when a drive is not visible in BIOS, the drive is somehow damaged. Considering the fact that you have tested this drive in two different systems, it looks like indeed it’s damaged.

There is an NVMe* driver for Data Center drives used to help the systems to recognize the drive properly in Windows* OS, but as you cannot see it even in BIOS, this driver may not be the root cause of the issue. Anyhow, I’m just sharing it with you so you can check it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28326/Datacenter-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-...

I recommend you to check with the motherboards’ manufacturers to confirm and check any compatibility issue, but if you consider there aren’t compatibility issues, then I recommend you to contact the Warranty Team to get a possible replacement. Unfortunately, we don't have a list of compatible third party systems, so you would have to check with each manufacturer.

If possible, try to test with another system/motherboard to double check if the drive is indeed damaged or not.

To contact the Warranty Team, go to the following site to open a service ticket: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@3. You have to select under Hardware, the Memory and Storage option and then create an Online Service Request.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hello MWani, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hi MWani, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is our second follow up message, we have not received return from your side. This case is being closed at this time; however, might you require any additional support or inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please bear in mind our support is available to assist as soon as you send us your reply. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation