Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Hi, i unfortunately disconnected my optane memory before disabling it with MY seagate 2tb HDD. I chnaged it with and samssung nvme m.2 SSD.

AMunt
Beginner

But now i canno't detected my 2TB HDD in windows at all. I detect it in the BIOS but in windows, even in disk management, i don't see it at all.

Should i reinstall the optane memory in another m.2 slot and try to disable it? Can i recover my data after my big mistake? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AMunt
Beginner

Hi every one, thanks for the answers, but i just reinstalled my optane in the same m.2 slot and placed my NVME in the second m.2 spot i have on my motherboard. Everything works fine and like expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

make sure that hdd is not offline ,

try to boot the windows into safemode , and see if it detect or not

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

·        If you don't see the drive in Disk Management, press Action in menu and then Rescan Discs.

Leon

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMunt, Thank you for contacting Intel® Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS) • We will like to know if you are using the latest version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28413) that is the version: 16.8.0.1000. • We will like to know if you had tried to install your Optane memory on the same M.2 port and to disable the Optane acceleration from your BIOS, if not please try this and let us know the results. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMunt, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMunt
Beginner

Hi every one, thanks for the answers, but i just reinstalled my optane in the same m.2 slot and placed my NVME in the second m.2 spot i have on my motherboard. Everything works fine and like expected.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AMunt,

Thank you for the update.

It’s great the issue is solved and the system is up and running as expected.

If you ever have another issue, feel free to post a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos