cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create multiple namespaces on DC P4510 or DC P4500

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have both a DC P4500 and a DC P4510 drive.

I downloaded and installed the Intel Datacenter Tool 3.0.13 for Linux.

I updated the firmware both SSDs to the lates one using isdct.

On the P4500 I have no namespace management support.

On the P4510, after the firmware update, i have namespace management support, but maximum namespace number is reported as 1 (one). I can detach/attach/delete/create one single namespace.

Is there a setting I am missing? Should I be able to change the maximum namespace number to a higher value? If yes, what is the isdct command for it?

Is namespace management still in its infancy, and while the official documentation for P4510 says it can support up to 256 namespaces and dynamic namespace management, in reality the feature is not present yet in the latest firmware?

Do I need a VROC to get multiple namespaces?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Patkoscsaba.

Thank you for your patience.As stated in our previous interaction we escalated your question to a higher department in order to get an update in your inquiry and they answered with the following information:Multiple namespaces are not supported at this time for the P4510. It is planned in a future maintenance release (we cannot provide a specific date for this future release).As for the P4500: It is not supported and there are no plans by now to support it.We hope you find this information helpful.Thank you for your patience and understanding.Best regards,Josh B.Intel Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What enterprise grade Intel NVME SSDs support multiple namespaces at this moment? I understand the P4510 and P4500 are not. That's OK.

I would like to know what should I order today to get the multiple namespaces functionality? Thank you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Patkoscsaba.

Thank you for your reply. Let us further investigate on your request regarding the Intel® NVME SSDs enterprise-grade that support multiple namespaces and that are available for purchase from our distributors at this moment. We will be replying to your post as soon as we have an update on your inquiry. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Best regards, Josh B.Intel Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Patkoscsaba.

Thank you for your patience. As promised in our previous interaction we were investigating on your inquiry and based on the available information we got to the following conclusion: None of our DC drives support Multiple Namespaces. The only one that will eventually support it in a future maintenance release is the Intel® SSD DC P4510, as mentioned on our previous post. We hope you find this information useful. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Best regards, Josh B.Intel Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Patkoscsaba.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support. We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case? Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply.Best regards,Josh B.Intel Customer Support.