cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my Dell branded P3700 (Model SSDPEDMD020T4D HHHL NVMe 2000GB) updated to current firmware?

DVoss3
New Contributor II

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018274/memory-and-storage/data-center-ss...

I should download and use the IRMFUU Firmware Update Utility Tool to update my firmware and that the current firmware is DP05 (8DV1DP05). When I download the tool from that link, and unzip it, I get an executable of irmfuu_7.0.2_win32.exe. There is no documentation. When I run that tool from an administrator command line, it scans all drives, finds my P3700 and reports that the device has Firmware 8DV10151 and that it is the current firmware as of this tool release.

I may well be doing something wrong since I can find no documentation on the utility syntax. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DVoss3
New Contributor II

The Intel documentation regarding this card is inconsistent. The Dell Part Number is clearly shown in a table with an Intel part number that does not match the part number on my card. My card may or may not have the current firmware. It is impossible to determine from the documentation available on this site. Dell has specifically directed me to Intel for firmware download assistance, but I have no faith that I have been provided accurate information, not do I expect being able to get a confident answer. Good luck to anyone else who has one of these Dell labeled cards.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

The isdct load command requires a parameter for the target drive. isdct show reports the drive index to be 0. When I attempt to update the firmware, I am advised to contact an Intel representative. This screen shot shows the show command result as well as the load result.

I also attempted the IRMFUU tool again which appears to have no command line parameters. The result of running that tool is below.

Thanks!

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello DVoss3,

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned in our previous post your disk was modified by Dell* and the firmware update process using DCT may or may not work. The proper tool for updating the firmware on these drives is Intel® Remote Managed Firmware Update Utility (IRMFUU) as stated in the “Support for Dell* Servers with Intel® Solid-State Drives” article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018274/memory-and-storage/data-center-ss...) your SSD is a Dell* PE Qualified SKU (Dell* labeled/Dell* Custom Firmware)

As mentioned by the Intel® Remote Managed Firmware Update Utility (IRMFUU) seems to be that you are running the latest version of the firmware, and if you think that something is wrong with your SSD we advise you to contact your OEM Dell* in order to get further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

The part number you have referenced is not my Dell Part Number. My Dell Part number is 057GV2 whish uses Intel Generic Firmware. At one time, the SSD Toolbox, SSD Data Center Tool and SSD Firmware Update tool could all be used to update this firmware. However according to the Intel SSD Firmware support chart, the only tool that contains the latest firmware for my product number is the SSD DCT. That tool says to contact Intel -- so here we are.

Hello DVoss3,

Thank you for your reply.

Your SSD is a Dell* PE Qualified SKU (Dell* labeled/Dell* Custom Firmware) as mentioned in our previous post your SSD part number is SSDPEDMD020T4D the “D” at the end of the part number reflects that is a third party SSD in your case DELL*.

The Intel® SSD DC P3700 Series drives that are supported by the Intel® SSD Data Center Tool (Intel® SSD DCT) have the part number ending in the letter “E” as shown in the documentation.

We cannot discuss OEM part numbers since they are exclusive to every brand, if you have any question regarding this please contact Dell* that is the OEM for your SSD.

As mentioned by the community before we strongly suggest you contact your OEM.

The Intel® SSD Data Center Tool (Intel® SSD DCT) is not going to be able to update your drive firmware due to the fact that your SSD is a Dell* PE Qualified SKU (Dell* labeled/Dell* Custom Firmware) and is not compatible with our generic firmware or tool, you should use the Intel® Remote Managed Firmware Update Utility (IRMFUU).

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

DVoss3
New Contributor II

The Intel documentation regarding this card is inconsistent. The Dell Part Number is clearly shown in a table with an Intel part number that does not match the part number on my card. My card may or may not have the current firmware. It is impossible to determine from the documentation available on this site. Dell has specifically directed me to Intel for firmware download assistance, but I have no faith that I have been provided accurate information, not do I expect being able to get a confident answer. Good luck to anyone else who has one of these Dell labeled cards.